Monday, December 21, 2009

My First Hunting Trip!

6am, Friday Chad and I left for Uvalde, TX for my very first hunting trip! We had NO luck! The deer were just not cooperating with us. We hunted four times and never saw an 8 point buck or better. The last evening hunt we saw a 4pt, 6pt, 7pt and spikes....but no 8 pointer!!! The owner of the ranch said for us to just shoot whatever we wanted for our last morning, so we were hoping that same 7pt would come back out or something bigger, but nothing! We saw a few spikes playing along the tree line, but that was it. But even though I didn't get to shoot anything I still had a great time hanging out with my hubby! You get lots of quality time together when you are hunting....about 8 hours in a blind a day! So, hopefully next year will be my year to bring home a big buck!



In our stand...

My Baby!

Freezing my booty off...35 degree weather!


Heading out for our afternoon hunt

View from one of our stands

No comments:

Post a Comment