Sunday, July 12, 2009

Baseball Mini Vacation...

This past Friday Chad surprised me with tickets to an Astros game AND a night stay at the Ballpark Inn across the street from Minute Maid Park! If you are parents of little ones and need a night away....this is the way to go! We had ourselves a little mini vacation and we were only an hour away from Colter (thanks Memaw and Pawpaw). Once, we dropped Colter off we headed to a nearby mexican (of course) restaurant and enjoyed a peaceful lunch that we didn't have to scarf down, because a toddler was getting antsy! Then we headed to the hotel to check in and have some R & R before the game. I highly recommend the Ballpark Inn if you want to stay close to Minute Maid Park. It had great vintage baseball decor and I had never seen so much plaid in my life...plaid curtains, plaid bedding, plaid wallpaper, and plaid rugs, but we loved it! About 5pm we walked to the park to catch some batting practice. Our seats were so close to the field that you really had to watch for fly balls! I dreaded every time Chad had to leave the seats, just knowing a ball was going to peg me in the head and I would be cast all over tv, but I survived with lots of prayer and hiding behind my hands! Well, it was a great game against the Washington Nationals...we won in the 9th 6 to 5! Way to go Blum! Then it was time to check out the nightlife. After visiting a few places and doing lots of people watching we headed back to the hotel. What a great night and it was all within walking distance! Thanks Chad for such a wonderful weekend.... I love you!

Batting practice

Minute Maid Park

So excited to have a date night!


Chooo Chooo....Home Run!

Astros at bat

View of outfield from our seats

Chillin' after the game

Past my bedtime!

View from our hotel room

1 comment:

  1. I have always wondered what the inside of that hotel looks like! Now I know!!!

    ReplyDelete