Saturday, May 29, 2010

Updates to "Colter's Corral"

Yesterday, I finally finished turning Colter's room from a FARM themed room to a COWBOY themed room.....yep there is a difference! He had begun to outgrow the babyish farm decor that we had originally had in his room, so I decided to give it a little update to more of a little boy's room than a baby's room. The two pictures below are just of the two large walls in his room I have done a few other small changes, but these were the most fun to do, so I thought I would share!


This is the "Cowboy in Training" wall! The chaps and vest were Chad's when he was little, so it gives it a special touch.




This wall is above Colter's bed and is suppose to be a faux window in "Colter's Corral." Colter loves the Barnyard Dance by Sandra Boynton, so I painted the horse from that book waving at him. Chad also helped by making the frame for me. I haven't painted since high school and hated it then, so I am happy how this turned out, now I just hope Colter likes it!

7 comments:

  1. You tell me I'm creative but look at you! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! You did a great job on that painting! Very impressive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ya'll! They say painting etc is suppose to be relaxing....I think I got gray hairs from it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you make the sign yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you make the sign yourself?

    ReplyDelete