Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mom's Meatloaf

This is my mom's recipe and one of my favorites! I love to cook it and even more....I love to eat it! It is very hard to get a recipe from my mom...anything she makes is in her head, she always changes up her dishes, and unlike me she never measures anything....it's a handful of this and a pinch of that. But I was able to hold her down and make her write out this recipe for me...thanks mom!

2 lbs ground hamburger
1/4 cup chopped onion (or as much or as little as you like)
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper (again, as much or as little as you like)
1 can Rotel
1 egg
1 cup Progresso Italian Bread Crumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 - 1 tbsp black pepper

1. Mix all ingredients except Rotel in a large bowl
2. Put mixture into a pan and form into a loaf. Don't make the loaf to tall or it will take longer to cook.
3. Pour the entire can of Rotel over the meatloaf
4. Bake uncovered at 350 for 1 hour or until cooked all the way through

** For an easy clean up cover your pan with tin foil **

No comments:

Post a Comment