Friday, March 27, 2009

18 Months!

Yesterday was Colter's 18 month doctor's check-up! Here are his stats...

Weight - 28lbs (75%)
Height - 34in (91%)
Head - 50.24cm (94%)

The check-up went great! AND she told me that Colter was ready for potty training....WHAT?? At the last check-up my doctor said that we wouldn't even talk about potty training until age 2, but she asked me if I had any questions or concerns and I did. Colter for the past few weeks has been taking his pants and diaper off every chance he gets. I even had to go buy 24 month onesies and footed pjs to keep him in his diaper....crazy! So the doctor asked me if he knows "pee pee" and "poo poo" and of course he does....so she said, since he has the cognitive skills and is showing all the physical signs that we should begin. She also said that in all of her time practicing medicine she has never seen an 18month old boy ready for potty training normally it is after 2 years for boys especially....but not little Colter! So I guess he is ready, but am I??? So yesterday we bought everything we needed to begin potty training, and so far so good....Colter loves to sit on the potty, he even cried when I made him come out of the bathroom last night.

As we all know Colter has always been a talker, but lately I can't keep up with everything he is saying. His new favorite words this week are guitar, flute, thank you, sit down, Nan, Papa, Mimi, Misty (Mi), neat, gobble gobble, snack, get, wagon, and boo boo.

Colter's favorite thing to do right now is go for rides in his wagon and also ride on the Razor with his daddy. We can't walk in the garage without him saying "go go" and pointing at it. Like father like son!

Colter has always been a good eater, but I am now trying new things on him like fresh blueberries, strawberries, oranges, and kiwi.....his response "yuck!" So it looks like we have a meat and potato boy on our hands! His favorite thing to eat right now is tator tot casserole.

Well....check back next week or even tomorrow, and I am sure everything will be different. He just surprises us everyday! That is what is so much fun...


Bluebonnets!!!!

Yep...he picked it!

Mmmm smells soooo good...


Thinking about picking it or eating it?

Deep thoughts
One for the road!


This is what happens when you lick sidewalk chalk and rub it all over your face and head


What a big boy!

Refreshing my skills

No comments:

Post a Comment