Sunday, March 8, 2009

Off To The RODEO....

YES! It is my favorite time of year...THE HOUSTON LIVESTOCK SHOW & RODEO !!! I love the smell, food, shopping, shows, animals, leather, bling, beer, music, sea of cowboy hats, boots, starched shirts, and where else can you get chicken fried bacon....mmm mmm! And today was Colter's first rodeo experience. We headed down this morning to get an early start. Playing today were the Jonas Brothers so you can imagine how crazy it got. We started off with Colter's first pony ride! By the time it was over he was a pro and daddy had sweat dripping off of him from the Texas heat and walking along side Colter the entire ride. I had it easy, just snapping pictures! While finishing up with the pony ride we bumped into The Ash's and their sweet little girl Avery. After chit chatting we headed to "Fun on the Farm." Colter got to feed fake chickens, see live chickens, pick wool off a fake sheep, pet a fake cow, pick peaches and corn, and then sell it back to the market....too cute! I think I had more fun than he did. After all this excitement we headed inside to cool off and reward daddy with a beer! Then it was chow time and back to seeing more animals. Colter was having a blast! He moo-ed, baa-ed, and neigh-ed at all the animals. We even got to see chickens being hatched. Then it was time to enter the ever so popular petting zoo! Colter was in heaven. I think he pet every goat, sheep, and pig in there. Four hours later it was time to head home. The little cowboy crashed in the car and the funniest thing was when he woke up the first drowsy word he said was mooooo!!!! I think we have a future farmer! Can't wait to take him back next year....


9am off to the rodeo...this is proof I was there


Colter sporting Daddy's shades

Yee Haw!

Feeding the fake chickens

Colter's fake egg he got from the fake chicken!

Oh finally some real chickens...

Checking out all the animals

Taking a break on the bench


Just picking some wool

Giving some love to the fake cow


Picking fake peaches

Hmmm....should I eat this?


Just hanging in the corn field

Yep...this one is fake too!

Definitely FUN ON THE FARM!

Baby chicks...peep peep!

My favorite. Daddy save me from the shirt eating deer!!!

1 comment:

  1. Save me from the shirt eating deer is my favorite also. Great stuff. Love all the pictures. I cannot print any because of my computer so lets see some copies on there way to this 'ole' aunt.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete