Saturday, March 28, 2009

Much Needed Night Out!!!

I am a little backed up on my blogging, so bare with me! But a few weeks ago Misty and I thanks to her sweet hubby Brian got us tickets to the rodeo to see Darius Rucker! Misty and I had figured out that we had not had a day or night out without the boys (Colter and Emerson) in exactly a year...way too long! Now don't mistake me Misty and I talk everyday and see each other at least every other week, but we always have the kiddos.....so you can say that we had a great time letting loose!! But we have to thank Brian for the tickets and watching Emerson, Amanda for not having her baby that night, and for Memaw and Pawpaw for watching Colter. Thanks Ya'll......


I picked Misty up...like old times!

Park and Ride to the Rodeo! Good thing Misty was paying attention, because the driver wasn't...he went the wrong way!!

Mmmm mmm! The first thing we did when we got there was get us....what else a hot dog, fries, and BEER....what a great combo!

CHEERS!!!!! Hey guess what beer cups are also great for....stacking cups for the kids! But we are not going to tell you how many we brought home for them....

Patent purses! What is funny is when Misty and I were in High School people would always make fun of us and say that we planned our outfits, because somehow we always had something similar on. So years later we are still doing it!


My LUCKY Boots!


Oh YES there was a rodeo going on....although Misty and I missed half of it...not because we weren't there....we just couldn't stop talking and laughing like teenagers!

Watch Out!


Chuck Wagon Races....I think mine won??

Calf Scramble....way too much work, but funny to watch!


Wait a minute...Lisa, is that you?? This girl next to us looked and talked just like my sister-in-law Lisa. They were a sweet couple...she let me take her picture to show everyone. She also made Misty and I feel very old. She said she knew Hootie and The Blowfish from an oldies radio station....well.....Misty and I knew all the words it wasn't from listening to an oldies station!

Some more friends we made at the Rodeo! They sat behind us and had the cutest little girl, who kept us very much entertained.

Our "new" friends took this picture....cheeeeeese!


Time to refill before Hootie....I mean Darius!


There he is!! He was great! He even sang 3 Hootie and the Blowfish songs.


Sing it HOOTIE!

YES Misty is crying! He was singing our favorite song and of course it had to be a sad one! This is what having a baby does to you...you cry at songs, commercials, emails, bumper stickers, comedies, the back of cleaning products....you name it I have probably cried to it!


What a minute! Now Misty is dancing....new song!


Cool new stage...


Always time for a picture....

I would say we were the last people to leave.....now back home to reality!


Our boots posing with the statue of the BIG BOOT!


Being goofy...


Yep we are dorks!

Oh my is that a slide? Misty and I saw this slide on the way into the rodeo and we promised ourselves we would do it when we were leaving....and we did!

Making the long hike up with our potato sacks!

I am ready if you are?????


Weeee! Are we too old to do this?

Hold My Hand!!! Oh wait isn't that a Hootie song??

Sleeping on the Park and Ride.....hey, who took this picture??

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! Maybe I'll blog my pics one day! That was a great night! Can't wait for next years rodeo...Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! How great that you and Misty have remained so close after all of these years. We must get together and do a girls night! Let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete